Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cauliflower Pizza Crust {Gluten Free}



I finally received my food processor! YAY! AND I used it for making cauliflower crust. BAD NEWS, Seth dropped it the next day and it broke :( The "I don't think its fixable, glue-able broke". I'm glad I used it to make one thing at least. The worst part is this was a gift and it cost someone else money.

Good news, you don't NEED a food processor, you can use a cheese grater too, even though its a bit more work. 

On a better note, the cauliflower crust tasted better then I thought. It held up together better then I thought and everybody really liked it. My husband joked and said that I can make recipes out of anything. He was shocked when I told him the crust was made of cauliflower. He said I could make a meal out of weeds from outside. Lol.

The process was a bit longer, but the result was worth it.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1 head of cauliflower {Buy a medium/small for one crust OR large for 2 crusts}
2 eggs
1cup cheese
2 TSP Oregano
2 TSP Basil
2 TSP Salt

1. First you will need to cut the cauliflower up into pieces. You can either add cauliflower to a food processor or if you do not have a food processor you can use a cheese grater.


2. Use a dish towel and place all of the cauliflower inside it. Then pull four sides of dish towel together so the cauliflower is locked inside, squeeze all the water out. Get out as much as possible. Husbands can help with this step or a strong older son. lol

3. Next, add cauliflower to a mixing bowl, add eggs, seasonings, and cheese. Mix well.

4. Shape into a ball.

5. Gently press out the ball into a crust, I pushed up the edges so when I put the sauce in it would stay inside crust when cooking.

6. Then preheat oven to 350 and bake crust until golden, about 5-7 minutes. Not long.

7. Pull out crust and top with ingredients, cook until cheese is melted. 5-7 minutes @ 350


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts