Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday


Is it Thursday already!? Good!! I'm happy for it to be here so quickly this lovely week, that means tomorrow my hubby has a day off and we are going on a mini vacation. Can't wait to drive away from our little abode and just take some time off. I never realized until recently how needed vacations or time away is. It refreshes you and you helps you to actually miss the routine of home. This may not be true for everyone but I think most stay at home moms can relate. When the weekend comes we want out of the house but since our husbands have been working and out all week, they just wanna be in. Serious dilemmas here, but hopefully we eventually find a common compromise.

My thoughts today are cleaning my house, packing up our bags, and getting outside for a good part of the day. I honestly love to clean my home. What I don't like is that it barely stays clean for 15 minutes.


This last week I've really been pushing myself to get exercise. I'm still having a hard time getting out of winter hibernation even though its summer. I was running in the fall and as it got cold I just used the elliptical but then I stopped and I haven't been consistent since. I also feel like I exercise all day by keeping up with three boys and at the end of the day I'm pooped. When we ride bikes as a family and get active when my husband is home on the weekends it so much more fun and easy. This week I have went running and I took the kids for a bike ride yesterday. They had a blast and it was great exercise since I was pulling the two younger ones.


Lastly for this thoughts for Thursday, I want to share my gratitude for my husband. He works so hard all week for our family and long hours. I couldn't imagine being away from home so much. Lately I've been trying to really walk in his shoes and think how he must feel after a long day of working. I expect him to be super husband and dad BUT the reality is he gets tired too. It doesn't mean I will lower my expectations, but it does mean that I will try make my expectations more realistic.


This post was a link up with Thoughts for Thursdays from the Home of Malones and East Coast Chic. That's it for now! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts