Saturday, February 14, 2015

Easy Peasy Oversized Pizza Rolls


When I was younger pizza rolls were one of my top 3 favorite foods. I knew it was a good day if my mom made pizza rolls..lol. I was not very good at being patient though, because as soon as they were ready I was trying to pop one of those little goodies into my mouth. They were so hot I had to bite the corner and let some of the hotness out, then I would blow on it for a couple seconds and try to take a bite. After that my tongue would get burned and I'd be trying to cool it down again. Yet I can't tell you how many times I repeated this trauma to my tongue. Finally, when I was older I realized the smart thing to do was put them in the freezer for a few minutes, so I could actually enjoy eating them.

I honestly can't remember the last time I ate a pizza roll. After I started to feel sick from certain foods and taught myself to read food labels by devouring every book in the library, pizza rolls were banned in my house. I couldn't believe the ingredient list, it was horrid!

There are many foods I have given up over the years, but I also have found or created healthier variations for my of my favorite treats. Pinterest is awesome for giving ideas like this and has inspired me to think outside of the frozen freezer section. My kids have never eaten a pizza roll and I'm so happy they can enjoy one of my childhood favorites. Of course it not the exact same thing, BUT once you start making things healthier and eating it more regularly you get used to the change in texture or sauce flavor. This recipe is so quick and easy too. The time it takes to make them may be a little more then freezer section pizza rolls, but I assure you its no wasted time. Your body will thank you down the road!

Happy homemade pizza roll making!

Easy Peasy Oversized Pizza Rolls

  • 24 cheese sticks
  • 2 packages turkey pepperoni
  • Italian Seasoning
  • 24 egg roll wrappers
  • olive or any cooking oil
  • Jar of original spaghetti sauce OR  can of seasoned crushed tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350.


Lay out a egg roll in a diamond shape, Place 6-7 pepperoni in a line towards the corner near you. Place the cheese stick long ways on top of the pepperonis. Then sprinkle some seasoning on top of the pepperonis. Then start rolling from the corner closet to you. After you roll it just a little, take in the sides and roll. Then before you close it up spread some water at the end corner of the egg roll. The water helps it to stick and stay together. Finish rolling it up! 

Pour a bit of oil over each roll and spread it out evenly

Bake @ 350 for about 20 minutes, then flip them all over and bake about 5-7 minutes. 


Pour some pasta sauce in a little dish, and use this to dip your pizza rolls.



Enjoy! From my kitchen to yours :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts