Saturday, February 7, 2015

Peanut Butter, Banana, Avocado Smoothie


I was already running a few minutes behind and we still hadn't eaten breakfast yet. I knew I didn't have time to make our usual eggs breakfast. Cereal is more like a treat or snack in our house. In fact, its usually eaten after dinner for a "dessert". Well, that's what it should be I think, with all the sugar in it! I looked at my fridge and thought hmmm, peanut butter and banana is good together but I really need to use up these avocados and that's how this post came to be.

I needed enough protein to keep my energy good until my next meal, some good fat to keep my mind focused, and a natural sweetener to make it all the better. That's what you have when you mix peanut butter, banana and avocado together. Since avocado has a fairly neutral favor, it so easily mixes with just about anything.

Peanut Butter, Banana, & Avocado Smoothie (Enough for 1 person, if  you double makes enough for one and three little people)

  • 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
  • 1 Banana
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • 2 Tbsp Yogurt (I used plain)(Optional) -yogurt adds creaminess
  • 2 Tbsp flax (Optional) great fiber addition
  • 1 Tbsp honey (Optional) it adds just that extra touch of sweetness
  • 1 1/2 c Almond Milk or Regular Milk
  • 4-5 Ice Cubes
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until all ingredients are mixed. Enjoy!

Share your favorite smoothie recipes, I'd love to try them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts