Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Simple (Gluten Free) Chicken Nuggets~Try these even if your not GF, so easy!


My middle son, Weston, asked if I could make chicken nuggets. I'm not a fan of packaged food and rarely ever pay the high prices of packaged organic food, especially when I know I can make it at home. I looked up some gluten free nugget recipes and found a few but they weren't as easy as I wanted. I finally found a easy recipe that I could sway things around and make it my own.

In the recipe I found they were using corn flakes, and I didn't have those but I did happen to have a box of gluten free chex. Perfect! The chex was a great coating, better then I thought it would be. Evem if your not gluten free this is still an awesome recipe to make homemade chicken nuggets. Make a couple batches and freeze some, for a easy lunch. 

Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
  • 3 chicken breasts or thighs, cut up in 1 inch pieces
  • 2 cups gluten free chex, I used the Rice kind
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
First you will want to turn the oven to 350 degrees. Next cut up your chicken breast or thighs into 1 inch chunks. Using a gallon plastic bag, pour in two cups of rice chex. Use your hands and any helping little hands to crunch up all the chex. Add the garlic and onion powder into the crunched up chex.

 Next, put your eggs into a bowl and mix them up.

I put about 6-7 pieces of chicken in the bowl with the eggs and let them soak about 1 minute. Then, I coated the chicken pieces with the crunched up chex. I placed them on a nonstick cookie sheet. You can also put down parchment paper to help with clean up time. I usually do this but I ran out of my parchment paper. 

Lastly, place in oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked. The chex coating should be browned as well. 

I made a BBQ ranch dip for mine but the boys just wanted some good old fashioned ketchup. We ate along with some garlicky green beans. If I would have had more time I would have made homemade french fries. 

I can't wait to make these again! The boys thought they were awesome! My husband also kept saying how delicious these were. I smiled and said "Good thing you married a chef". We giggled and it was a successful dinner!



Today's Encouragement:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts