Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Family Favorite Guacamole Recipe {Thanks to my mom}

My mom has been making guacamole for me since I can remember, it has always been a favorite past-time treat! I love avocado's so much sometimes I just eat them with a little salt. This recipe has come from my mother who always makes the best guacamole! Now if you don't like any of the ingredients just leave it out, and add what you like. My sister in law said she puts garlic in her guacamole, I do not, but maybe some of you would like it that way.

Make your own and tweak it to your liking, Avocado's have the good fat your body craves for! An avocado a day may keep the doctor away ;)

Family Favorite Guacamole Recipe

2-3 avocados
1 tbsp lemon juice {Use fresh lemons, lemon juice in a bottle usually has yucky preservatives}
half of an onion, diced small
1/2 c tomatoes {Use organic if possible, tomatoes are on the dirty dozen list, highly sprayed with pesticides}
cilantro, add to liking, I really like cilantro so I add 1/2 cup, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Slice the avocados in half, cutting around the seed, pull apart and use spoon to spoon out. Put in dish and smash up a bit but don't over do it, some chunks are good, unless you have texture issues.

Add lemon juice, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir up and serve with Organic tortillas.

Enjoy!

{Most of the corn grown in the US is genetically modified, so its safer to go organic as its against organic standards to use GMO's, or find a Non-GMO food label on the bag.}

Guacamole is best eaten the same day but if you have leftovers, SAVE the avocado SEED and leave it in the bowl when you store in the fridge for leftovers. It will help keep some of the flavor and not go bad so fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts