Tuesday, January 28, 2014

~Yummy One Pot Meal~Sausage and Spinach Pasta~Make Gluten Free or Not~

Sausage, Spinach and Quinoa Pasta 

One package of sausage {I used Applegate Organics italian chicken-turkey sausage}
1/2 onion, diced {Optional}
1 cup sliced mushrooms {optional, I love mushrooms}
1 can 13-14oz diced or stewed tomatoes {I used Muir Glen
organic diced}
1 1/2 cups chicken stock {I used homemade}{Click here for homemade chicken stock recipe}
8oz package Quinoa Pasta {I used Ancient Harvest Organics} OR{ for regular you can use 1/2 package of egg noodles}
3 cups of fresh spinach {I used Earthbound Farm Organics}
1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese


Start by cutting up the sausage into slices. Then put sausage in pot and brown, add onions and mushrooms, then when the mushrooms shrink and onions are cooked add in the tomatoes, chicken broth, and uncooked quinoa pasta OR uncooked egg noodles. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Lastly add spinach making to stir in well. Let cook about 10 more minutes.

Grate your fresh Parmesan and sprinkle over the top before serving. Let melt a bit and then serve!


~This post was inspired by Wholesome Mommy and her blog, She has a similar recipe, I just tweaked it to my liking, which you can do too!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts