Saturday, March 15, 2014

No Bake Delightful Granola Bars {Gluten Free}

 
I have made granola bars in the past, but they were crumbly, and just not good. So I went back to buying store bought bars, but now that I'm eating gluten free it became more expensive to find quality gluten free granola bars. I also wanted to make them kid friendly. When I make something, my goal is to make something the whole family will like. Sometimes this momma's house does feel like a restaurant with all the good food, but this momma's restaurant only has one thing on the menu per meal ;) Lol.

Delightful Granola Bars


2c Rice Cereal
2c Gluten Free Oats
1/2c Peanut Butter
1/4c Light Brown Sugar {I used Coconut sugar}
2/3c Honey {Or Brown rice syrup}
1tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Vanilla
1c Nuts {I used Walnuts}{optional}
1/2c Mini Chocolate Chips or cocoa nibs {Optional}
1/2c Cranberries {Or your dried fruit of choice}
1/2tsp Salt



First you need to pour honey, peanut butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan and cook on low heat until mixture is melted together.


 Next, add your oats and crispy cereal to a bowl and pour warm honey mixture on, mixing it all well.


 Add your vanilla, cinnamon, cranberries, and nuts.


 Lastly add your chocolate chips, BUT be careful not to mix them to much or they will melt!

 Next line a large pan with plastic wrap, and spray plastic with non stick spray OR spread some oil on it, so your bars won't stick to it when they are done. {I used coconut oil to spread on it}


 Then place the pan in the freezer for about 1 hour.


 After the hour take out the pan, and VERY CAREFULLY pull the bars out using the plastic wrap.


 Slice the bars with a sharp knife, carefully. {You can taste test any that break ;)}


Cut into desired size bars.


I individually wrapped my bars and placed them in a baggie for a quick snack. I placed some in the fridge and some in the freezer, there were quite a few. I made these a couple weeks ago and they are almost gone now!


These bars turned out great and I'm really thankful to have found a gluten free recipe for some good granola bars! Here is a link to where I found the base of this recipe, Averie Cooks, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Button

Honest Motherhood

Popular Posts